Saturday, January 29, 2011

Birthday card for my neighbor


My neighbor will be 81 years young tomorrow and he loves to go boating. Thought this fabulous Baithouse stamp from Art Impressions would be perfect for his card. I stamped the image with Memento Black ink and colored with Copic markers. Embossed background layer with Cuttlebug folder then added ribbon, button and jute.

I am entering:

Art Impressions First Challenge - Use Ribbon

Southern Girls - Dry embossing

Aly's Sunday Challenge - For the guys

Paper Play Challenges - Week 4 - Layer it up

Stampin for the Weekend - Challenge #2 - Getting Warmed Up
I'm dreaming of warm sunny summer days when we can go out on the lake.

11 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Love this layout!

Saron said...

This is soooo beautiful card!! I just love it!! Thanks for joining AI challenge!!!

Kirsikka said...

What an wonderful card.
I love the colours you have used.
Great Job!!!
Happy Stamping =)
-Kirsi-

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is absolutely beautiful, thanks for sharing!

Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-wish-layout-by-jessy-christopher.html

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is beautiful....you know anything with water, fishing and art impression gets me all excited. You did a beautiful job for someone who's mojo is tired...ahaaha

Berni said...

Great card, lovely warm colours- fantastc work!

Thanks for joining us over at SFTW

Hugs
Berni x

Micki said...

Gorgeous card! Wonderful coloring.

Congratulations on being one of the winners of my Sweet Pea Stamps blog candy. Could you email me at gemxh7764@yahoo.com with your mailing addy? Thanks :-)

Deirdre said...

Beautiful.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week on our Layer it Up Challenge. ♥

Dawn said...

thanks for playing along with Art impressions and sharing your gorgeous creation

Viv said...

Love your card! Simple and elegant, and gorgeous image .

Thanks for playing at Southern Girls.
Viv :)

karenw said...

This is so lovely, just right for an older man and they are so hard to do!

Thanks for playing with us at southern girls. x