Monday, August 1, 2011

Have an ice day!


I was inspired by Renee's snowman card last week and decided to grab my stamp and make a card with him this afternoon. I normally make over 100 holiday cards so I have to start early to get them done in time. This was a fun card to make. Just stamp, color, emboss, cut out, punch and layer.

Supplies used for my card:
Art Impressions Stamp #K1693 Snowman
Copic Markers: C1, C3
Prismacolor Pencils:
Blue Slate, Blue Lake, Ultramarine, Sienna Brown
White eraser to blend Prismacolor pencil lines
Pink makeup or chalk with Q-Tip to apply to cheeks
Dark blue, med blue and white cardstock
Martha Stewart Drippy Goo Punch
EK Success Mitten Punch
Cuttlebug Snowflake Embossing Folder
Nestabilities Dies:
Scalloped Circles Lg, Standard Circles Lg.
Snowflake button, and crochet thread to attach mittens
Stitched Ribbon
Glue dots and adhesive

Challenges:

Sweet Stampin Challenge - Christmas in July

Totally Gorjuss - Christmas in July

Card Patterns - Sketch 126

Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge #93 - Christmas in July

Fussy and Fancy - Christmas in July challenge

Crafty Creations Challenge #129 - Christmas in July

Paper Shelter Challenge #24 - Anything Goes

Truly Scrumptious Challenge #62 - Buttons & Bows

11 comments:

Renlymats World of Family & Crafts said...

Oh Deloris! I absolutely LOVE this!! That snowman is one of my all time faves from AI. (yes, I know I say that about dozens of their stamps!) I love his hat and scarf in blue! The embossing and icicles are so perfect with this and the little mittens are just too cute!! GREAT card!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh Deloris...I absolutely LOVE this too!!! Everything is perfect and clever and balanced and so inviting. I love the goo punch to make dripping ice. I'm waiting for MS punch to come out and get this year. It really is a universal punch.

Mandy said...

Lovely Christmas card,sweet snowman and I love the blue and icicles..Thanks for sharing with us at Truly Scrumptious...
Mandy x

sara said...

so cute love those little mittens thanks so much for joining us at truly scrumptious this week
hugs sara x x x

Janette said...

Gorgeous card, really love the strong colour too, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Fiona said...

this is gorgeous...lovely layout and so crisp and clear!!

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Wedgie said...

Love this card! The layout is fab, I love the melting snow near the bottom and those mittens are soooo cute! Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

Sharon Keanly said...

Love your Christmas card.. how beautiful is that melting snow... stunning! Thanks for joining us at TG this week x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Deloris
A gorgeous card beautiful colour thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx

Elise said...

WHAT an adorable snowman! I love your use of the Card Pattern's sketch for this past week - I'm DELIGHTED that you took the time to share your lovely work with us! THANK YOU! Yee Haw!

Michele said...

This is such a wonderful card. I love the colours you've used and the image also. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Truly Scrumptious. Hugs Michele x