Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Pair of Tulips


The design team is making cards with a pop up theme this week.
I have spring fever real bad now that the weather is getting warmer so I picked this adorable tulip stamp as my focal point.  The layer with the tulips is mounted on pop dots to give it extra dimension.
Supply list:
(Flowers and leaves are paper pieced.)
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Scallop border was cut with my paper cutter
 and a Carl scallop rotary blade
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight Dies
 Spring Menagerie Designer Paper from Design House
 Birthday Saying is printed with Seabird font #12
Lace, button, crochet thread, pearls and pop dots.

Challenges:
Simon Says - Bingo Challenge (Flowers, lace, twine)
Paper Shelter - Paper Piecing Challenge (Tulips are paper pieced)

5 comments:

Cheryl First said...

This is so pretty, Deloris! I am not usually a flower person, but have been finding myself drawn to them, lately. I'm sure it has everything to do with the gorgeous creations like this! I love that background paper, and the colors on the image flowers is perfect to draw the eye!
((HUGS))
Cheryl

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Deloris, love your pretty image and colour scheme,
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter Challenge this week.
Hugs Debs

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

The card is beautiful...it's delicate...so many things to see....you always make it look so easy....I want to CASE this card...the simplicity is beautiful!

Tracey Manderson said...

This is very lovely! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, good luck and hope to see you next time
Hugs
Tracey

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

another very pretty CAS card....I also love your bg papers and your lace and button. I think you are the button queen...buttons always looks "so right" on your cards and rarely decent looking on mine.