Thursday, January 30, 2014

Birthday card for my hubby


I'm finished with my Valetine's Day cards so I thought I would work on birthday cards for everyone on my list.  This card is for my hubby.  Our dog is always begging for dog bones and we find them all over the house, so that's why you see the punched dog bone on the chair and on the floor.  He also loves sweet stuff so the saying fits him perfectly.

The darling little dog, chair, saying and milkbone box are stamps from Eat Cake Graphics.  I paper pieced the chair, chair legs and hat.  The dog and milkbone box were colored with Copic markers.  Designer paper is Blink of an eye by My Mind's Eye.  I was trying to use a paper that had a masculine feel to it, but it was really hard to photograph.  Oh well, I know he will smile when he sees this one.

Challenges
Pile It On Challenge #4 - Animals
Penny's Papercrafty Challenge #162 - Spots and dots - on designer paper
Craft Your Passion Challenge #198 - Spots and stripes - on designer paper
Fantastic Tuesday Challenge - Make it cute or sweet and square card
Created With Love Challenge #74 - Anything goes
Eureka Stamps Challenge #74 - Anything goes
Sister Act Card Challenge #41 - Anything goes
Totally Papercrafts Challenge #203 - One for the boys

15 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

I can't help starring at this cute card... love that doggy! His just the cutest thing, reminds me of my Taco who sits on my hubby's recliner everyday.

Cheryl First said...

This is really cute! I like those stamps, adorable. I think your papers photographed just fine, and definitely good for the men! Cute little dog bones, too! Great card, Deloris!

Cathy P. said...

How adorable, Deloris! Love your paper choice, your paper piecing and this fun dog and sentiment! Great job on the card. Thanks for linking up with us at the Sister Act Challenge Blog.
Cathy xx

Michelle said...

That is so funny. Lovely card.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
xxx Michelle

Chris Hanselman said...

Cute card. Love the sentiment. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

~~Chris
Co-Owner
Created with Love Challenges

Sue Bridesmith said...

This is a Gorgeous Design, thank you for joining with us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, we would love it if you joined us again next week for another fun challenge.....
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
XX

PS you are never too late for cake....

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh....and happy Birthday to Dale. Our doggies love dog bones too but they manage to eat them unless it is a big rib bone and then ouch if I step on it during the night....haha

Lady Bug Stampers said...

What a sweet card. Love your image. Thanks for joining us this week at Created with love challenges.
Linda K. DT.
www.ladybustampers.blogspot.com

Sue from Oregon said...

One of my fave cards ever! So reminds me of my little cake lovin' doggie too!!!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What a sweet card for your hubby. Bet he'll love this card. Have a great weekend.

Marsha said...

Darling little scene you made. Thanks for playing the challenge at Created With Love.

Cheryl Caldwell-Nyboer said...

This is so cute!

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

Pam MacKay said...

Love the sweet dog image! So cute! Thanks for joining Created With Love Challenges!

Kimberly Clark said...

love it! looks like everything is popping out at you! thanks for joining us at pile it on! Hope to see you back there this week for a new challenge - Add ribbon!
Kimberly DT

Sandy said...

I do loe your style - you are so dog gone good!!
Sandy