Friday, November 14, 2014

Holiday Card #5 for the Caring Hearts Card Drive





I am trying to learn to use PSE, but I'm really struggling with the program.  I am determined to learn at least the basics of using it with digi images, so I watched a few videos on the internet this morning.   I was able to figure out how to download and install patterns in the program, then color in digi images with those patterns.  I also learned how to add the bottom saying layer by reading Jin's blog at Under a Cherry Tree.  The rest of the card was created in Silhouette Studio DE and cut out with my Silhouette Cameo.  This adorable snowman is a digi image from Bugaboo Stamps.

This is going in the package to the Caring Hearts Card Drive.

Challenges
Catch The Bug Challenge - Show Us Your Food
Beccy's Place - A Month Of Holiday Cards
Cute Card Thursday - Red and Green
Inspiration Emporium - Happy Holidays
A Crafty Mess Challenge - #1 Anything Goes
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra November - Anything Goes Christmas

9 comments:

Beccy said...

Adorable! I love how you have created a shaped card by cutting around the design, Deloris. The colouring is fabulous too, I think you've done a wonderful job with the PSE. I love the patterned scarf and candy cane.
Cheers,
Beccy

Creations by Shirl said...

Aw lovely snowman his just huggable...

Cheryl First said...

Great job, Deloris! I love the card! I am glad to see you playing around with PSE!! Keep it up! :) Persistence and practice will have you navigating the program with ease, soon.

THE BLUEBERRY BEAR said...

How great that you have turned this into a shaped card! Very clever! Thanks for joining us again this week for the Food themed challenge at Bugaboo Stamps. Good luck in the draw, and please pop by to join this week's challenge which starts later today.
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
BUGABOO STAMPS

Virgo5 said...

Wow, this is awesome, love how you made the snowman into a card! Thanks for joining us at Catch The Bug!

Teighan Barton said...

Hello, A lovely project, I love the image and the colour choice. A lovely style. Thank you for joining us this month with our first challenge at A Crafty Mess Good luck. We would love to see you again next month.

Teighan DT

Andrea La Vigne said...

Such a neat shaped card! I thought for sure you had paper-pieced it, but you did it in PSE--that's awesome! Thanks so much for sharing this, and keep at it with your software.

Pam said...

A super cute card! Love the whimsical snowman and your design!
Thanks for playing along in the Inspiration Journal monthly challenge!

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon x