Monday, September 7, 2015

Butterfly Gatefold Card


This is what my Studio software screen shows as cut size.

Cut out this pretty butterfly gatefold card using a cut file I recently bought at the Silhouette store.  I love how it looks, but I ran into a problem with the sizing.  It shows on my Silhouette Studio software screen that the pink card base is sized to 10" X 5" with the opening in the middle.  The top white panels are sized to 2.5" X 5".  The pink card base cut out at the correct size of 10" X 5", but the white layers cut at 2.5" and approx. 4.9".  I double checked the screen and it clearly shows to cut the white panel at 2.5" X 5".  (See above) I had to cut off the extra bit of pink cardstock with my paper cutter into order for the panels to fit the cardbase.  Other than manually cutting it, I am not sure how to fix this problem as my Cameo has never cut a different size than what it shows on my screen.  I wonder if there's a bug in the last Studio software update.   If anyone knows how to fix this, please post a comment here and let me know...

Challenges
Inspiration Destination - Challenge #49 Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes Challenge #278
Crafts Galore Encore - Challenge - Sept Anything Goes
Polkadoodles - Challenge 35/36 - Things With Wings
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards - Challenge #99 - Fancy and Feminine

9 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Deloris! Your gatefold card is simply beautiful and elegant. Love the pink and white combo. Have a wonderful week.

Jackie Trinder said...

Hi this is a beautiful card I love the design. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge 21 Anything Goes. Hugs Jackie DT

Sue from Oregon said...

My guess is that the pink is suppose to be shorter so you can align easily in the back??? I think I have this file. I will check it out.

Karon said...

Wonderful card, thanks for joining us for our Things with Wings Polkadoodles Challenge

Karon DT, Polkadoodles

ann van dijk said...

Wouw beautiful i love it, and thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&CC.
Hugs Anneke DT

Patricia Alvarez said...

Very beautiful! I am sorry that you had so much trouble but the result is amazing! Thank you so much for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Good luck!!!

Aunty Sue said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles with our Thinga with Wings challenge.
Aunty Sue DT

Creations by Shirl said...

Beautiful butterfly gatefold card.... love the colors choices for your fantastic design card.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Gosh...I saw this and thought I had left a comment. I'm so glad I was surfing through your blog again (which makes me happy) and saw I didn't leave a comment. It's beautiful!