Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Just dropping you a line


Just a silly card I made to cheer up a friend who is having some problems.  She likes to sew and I thought this cute little mouse from Paper Pretties would make her smile.  Colored the image with Prismacolor pencils.  Cut out the image and background layer with Cottage Cutz Stitched Square Set.  Chevron background layer and scalloped border were cut out with MFT dies, tag with Spellbinders Charmed I'm Sure die and photo corners with Quikutz photo corner die.  Added some lace and prima flowers with punched leaves.

Challenges
Creative Knockouts - Challenge #154 - Sew It Up (Stitching real or faux)
Come & Get It Challenge - Theme is Punches & Dies
Simon Says Stamp - Make For The Border



7 comments:

Lin said...

Your card will surely make your friend smile, Deloris! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Creations by Shirl said...

tee hee! She is gonna luv her card Deloris.... A card to brighten and put a big smile on her face that's for sure.....I've been sort of lost in bloggy land this month - being to busy trying to do so much with up coming orders.
I'm going to be off and on for a lengthy period until I can finish up with a whole bunch of crafts I'm doing. Any who luv your card - enjoy your rest of the week.....

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This put a big smile on my face this early morning. Ahhhh, you brought back great memories of Paper Pretties. The problem I'm now having is forgetting all the wonderful images I have absorbed and all the new stuff out there. I must go back and look at some of my PaperPretties. I want so many dies like you used. I would like to get dies from MFT, BUT shipping is always an issue so I don't buy.

Dana Johnson said...

Awe, this card is soooo sweet! It made me happy!! Thanks for joining us at the Come and Get It Challenge! Hope to see you again ~DT Dana

Neva Zver said...

Ooh like this, it's wonderful! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

cotnob said...

An adorable card Deloris, such a sweet image and lovely colours.
Pauline
x

Sue from Oregon said...

This is just a super cute image!Great job grounding your image too. Sure to cheer up your friend for sure!